This post about back to school fashion and this school year’s #KidGoals is sponsored by Gymboree.
Heading back to school is a big deal when you’re 5 years old. Bear is counting down the days to when she gets to see her friends again (you know, the most important part of school to a kindergartener).
But this back to school season is different this time around. Little Man is heading to school with her, starting preschool next month [big, huge crocodile mom tears].
Before the school years starts, I sat down with both of them to see what their goals are for this school year. Their answers, in true form, cracked me up.
Back to School Q&A with 2 Toddlers
1. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Bear: Ummm.. I want to be a princess and live in a big castle with my mommy and daddy and brother.
Me: I thought you wanted to be a doctor?
Bear: No, not anymore. I want to be a princess.
Little Man: Powise offica.
2. If the school bus could be any color, what would you want it to be?
LM: Gween, no…bwu.
3. What do you hope to find in your lunch on the first day of school?
B: Peanut butter and jelly
LM: I like a donut and a pizza.
4. If you could sneak one stuffed animal or doll in your backpack, who would it be?
B: Pandora (her doll, of course)
LM: A sheep (he doesn’t have a sheep.)
5. Where do you hope your class takes a field trip to this year?
B: Disney World
LM: Airpwanes (note the plural)
6. What activity do you want to try this year?
LM: Indians (so, baseball?)
7. What are you most excited to learn this year?
B: Drawing. I want to draw a baby with a little blankie and a head and eyeballs and pink pants and cupcake shirt…a pink one.
8. What show do you want to watch after school?
9. If one princess/sports player could come to your school, who would it be?
LM: The Indians. All them.
10. What do you want to wear on your dress down day?
B: Leggings and a dress – my star one (completely unprompted – she looooves this outfit)
LM: Baketball and bayball…to pweschool
While these answers are silly, they provided insight into what is going on in their growing minds – favorite colors, foods, characters, activities, and more!
Before you head back to school, be sure to check out Gymboree’s collection for Back to School 2017. Gymboree provides quality, coordinated looks for every occasion (including the first day of school!) that my family has loved for the past 5 years since becoming a mom!
What are your little one’s #KidGoals for this upcoming school year?