It’s baby’s first Christmas and you have no idea what to buy him, right? I’m right there with you. If this is your first, you probably got all the essentials from your baby shower or as gifts from your registry. You cringe over another blanket or burp cloth. And if this is your second, third, fourth, etc, you probably have all the infant toys imaginable from your first kid.
So what do you buy an infant to put under the tree? I’ve scoured the web for some great gift ideas for baby’s first Christmas (many of which we will be buying the Little Man this holiday).
12 Gift Ideas for Baby’s First Christmas
1. Fisher-Price Discover ‘n Grow Kick and Play Piano Gym. I wrote about this amazing infant toy in the past when my daughter was 4 months old. This was a new purchase when my daughter turned 2 months old after seeing how she loved to kick. We bought it to encourage kicking and build her leg strength. If we didn’t already own it, I would be buying it for my son’s first Christmas, hands-down.
2. Graphic tee for the little hipster. I can’t get enough of cute little graphic tee onesies with clever sayings (like, “oh snap”). You can’t go wrong with clothes.
3. Let someone else do the shopping for you with a Citrus Lane box. For $29 shipped (no subscription required), the team at Citrus Lane will handpick 4 – 5 toys and products based on your child’s age. Open the box and wrap each item individually under the tree for a great value!
4. Bumbo Floor Seat. We still have this from Bear, and Little Man will certainly be using it too. I love how it helps build neck strength and prepares the little one to sit up on his or her own.
5, Loopy toy. Looking for something personalized? I found this super cute Etsy shop that features soft handmade toys at great prices. For just $12 (with free monogramming!), this soft loopy toy, made of minky fabric with colorful ribbons and stuffed with hypo-allergenic stuffing has ribbon tags that soothes and entertains babies, giving them a sense of security.
6. Baby’s first Christmas ornament. This one is a no-brainer. Just like a first home or when you were just married, remember baby’s first Christmas each holiday with a special keepsake.
7. Musical toys. Babies love bright colors and musical sounds like those of the Chicco Musical Walking Turtles perfect for kids 3 months+ learning to walk or crawl.
8. Anything that stacks. I found these adorable Lamaze Totem Pole Stackers on Amazon and am definitely buying them for the Little Man this Christmas. I love that they are magnetized for frustration-free stacking.
9. I’ve been a big fan of VTech since becoming a mom (not the tablets, but the baby toys with light electronic features). The Vtech Around Town Baby Driver is on my baby wish list this Christmas since it can be used for tummy time.
10. Little fingers require little rattles, like the Oball Rattle from Rhino Toys. For less than $5 (reg. $18) as a Amazon add-on, this rattle is a sure bet for wee little ones.
11. A new family member means a new Christmas stocking for the mantle. We have the embroidered needlepoint stockings from Lands End and will be adding another one to the mantle this year for our new Little Man!
12. Santa has one more stop this year, so get ready for Christmases to come with a personalized Santa sack. This sack is handmade from strong hessian and personalized with your child’s name so it can be used year after year.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase after clicking on select links above, I will get a small commission. Each product above has been hand selected by me. This post has not been sponsored by any of the companies mentioned in this post.